Tuesday, August 4, 2009

27 Days Left

Now that the busiest time of the work year is over for me and I have time to think about the Z to OKC ride, I'm starting to get really excited. I'm also feeling a bit overwhelmed. I sent Jon my trip schedule yesterday. The plan is to cover 2,000 miles in exactly 30 days, which doesn't sound so bad when you do the math, but I've actually got a few rest days worked into the schedule so the mileage per day will go up just a bit. Plus, I've got some 150-milers on the schedule in a couple of places.

Having said that, I rode 14 miles today. Still, I'm not worried just yet.

And as Jon says, there are 24 hours in the day. I may have to ride 22 of those just to get the mileage!

The most fun of the day was seeing the preliminary logo that Justin Tyler Moore is designing for the ride. I can't wait to have a framed poster of it in my house here in Zihua. I guess I'd better do the ride first.

No comments:

Post a Comment