Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 6 - Taxco

There were times I went so slow today that the GPS on my iPhone clocked me at 0 miles per hour. I know I was moving because I was still pedaling, but it wasn’t pretty. Overall, I averaged 8.2 mph over the 21-mile climb out of Iguala at elevation 2,507 feet to the hill overlooking Taxco at 6,692 feet. At present, I’m at somewhere around 5,735 feet.

Right now, I’m loving life. I’m out on the patio of the colonial hotel where we’re staying. The air is a bit thinner and cool. The sun is already behind the hill and the view of the old Spanish colonial church is spectacular…and this is my office for the next two days.

That’s another reason I’m loving life. I’ve finished the first phase of the trip: 316.1 miles from Zihuatanejo to Taxco. Now I have two days to rest before heading off on the next week’s adventure.

These two days will give me time to write and reflect on what I’ve learned over the last week and whether you like it or not, I’ll be sharing. That’s what bloggers get to do, after all. I know I promised to talk about why I’m doing this. That will have to wait another day…maybe tomorrow morning with a cup of coffee and the sun coming up over the city. Right now, however, I’m going to enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment